Good communication skills are one of the most powerful assets an individual can bring to any situation. Whether on an interview, delivering well-executed messages to investors, or pitching to potential customers, having the ability to communicate effectively is something everyone should value and certainly can be improved upon.
Nobody is a perfect communicator, but we can all find something to work on. When it comes to chatting over video and providing service, it is important to conduct business in a professional manor. Below are communication and video chat tips that anyone can learn a thing or two from:
- Take a second to really listen — Consider what the other person is saying before cutting you interject.
- Eye contact — Look at camera instead of focus on the screen of your computer.
- Learn how to give high-quality feedback — Before your response, consider how you phase your response and how it will be interpretted from the recipient.
- Be conscious of different perspectives — Do your best to put yourself in the other person’s shoes
- Having goals set before kicking things off — Understand problems your clients and customers have, so solutions are realistic and appropriate