Understanding the needs of a customer intuitively, and fulfilling them, is vital for sustained customer satisfaction and loyalty. A business must know when to step in and be accessible to ensure that its customers’ expectations are met.
When customers do not have access to information that they are curious about, they need a convenient, reliable, and speedy solution to receive their answers. Many find it as an inconvenience to navigate through FAQs to get answers or are frustrated when they must patiently wait extended periods of time for answers on phone calls that take two minutes.
Technology now provides tools like co-browsing (screensharing) and video chats that can be leveraged to understand a customer’s needs and respond to it in real-time.
Below are fundamental needs or problems of customers that can be easily achieved through innovative tools:
- Find the right product or service for my need with minimum hassle — With so many options and alternatives for a customer to choose from, customer service can step in in order to reach the right decision. Returning and reordering their product if incorrectly purchased will run at the cost of retention and satisfaction, not just wasted time and shipping funds.
- I have a problem and I need help immediately — customers expect knowledgeable and prompt service whenever issues or doubts arise. If instant solutions are not provided (i.e. a billing problem), potential sales are lost.
- Recognize me and engage with me as a unique customer — business must recognize that customers desire personalized service. Video chats in combination with co-browsing are vital tools to engage a customer in real-time, giving them personal care and attention.
- Help me have an online shopping experience comperable to in-store — Video chats provide an opportunity for shoppers a convinient outlet to engage with experts that replicates going to a store and receiving assistance (i.e. virtual tours of cars and houses).
- Efficent Customer Sevice through KPI (Key Performance Indicators) — This is a usefull toop to mointor customers’ satisfaction. Keeping track of the frequency of conversations, gathering feedback and response time can all be measured which will keep you ahead of competitors and able to improve on the quality of service you provide.